This is an International Programme. Applications can be worldwide. Successful applicants will be matched after discussion by a delegated committee of FOCAL members and agree to participate in any relevant publicity.
FOCAL are returning with their Mentoring Programme to help and provide guidance to people willing to grow a career in the archive industry and to break into the film footage world.
In this programme you will:
- Be assigned a dedicated professional to give guidance and advice.
- Develop skills, experience, and self-confidence.
- Grow knowledge and increase networking opportunities.
- Increase ability to set concrete and achievable goals.
- Ask questions and be delivered feedback.
Newcomers of the archive/footage world who want an experienced professional to answer questions and help sharpen career strategy and establish a solid road map.
Individuals with a professional goal who want a better understanding of the archive industry and who aspire to learn the ropes.
Students who are open and willing to learn with a passion about a career in the AudioVisual archiving professional field.
- All mentors are volunteers from across the Audio-Visual industry based in the UK and internationally.
- Areas covered by the mentoring programme are: Archival Research, Planning and Management Footage & Content Licensing – Library Management Rights & Policy
- Post-Production, Digitization & Restoration
Please get in touch if:
- You're a student in Production, Media, Arts, Culture, Cinema, Journalism, History with a strong interest in the archive heritage and the audio-visual world.
- You're a new entrant of the archive industry or an individual in a mid-career pivot.
- You just landed a challenging position and want guidance in this new environment.
- You can commit to a 6-months programme to include a minimum of one-hour online monthly meeting with Mentor and a full-day event (online or in-person) September 2023.
What to expect:
- A monthly online meeting with a dedicated industry professional (Mentor) to advise and provide guidance.
- An online network meeting with all mentorship's participants
- An invitation and attendance to FOCAL’s Member's Day
- Promotion and visibility opportunities: profile exposure within FOCAL's website training section & social media.
- Support throughout the Mentoring Programme from FOCAL team.
- Free Access to FOCAL’s online webinars.
- A FOCAL Associate Membership (1st year) upon completion of the Mentoring Programme to include a wealth of membership benefits.
This is an international programme; we accept and encourage worldwide applications. Shortlist applicants will be interviewed, if successful will then be matched with a dedicated mentor for the period of the programme. As part of the mentoring programme, mentees agree to participate in any relevant publicity. We will ask you to sign a mentoring agreement which will include our terms of conduct.
Application Deadline 27th January 2023 with interviews week beginning 6th February 2023