FOCAL International Workshops & Seminars on industry related subjects and other social events are offered through the year.
The unforeseen COVID-19 virus has taken us to new ways of working where we are unable to hold our annual Members Day and various workshops through the year. For the next five months FOCAL are planning a series of online monthly workshops for members and non-members across a range of topics with industry professionals to share their experience and knowledge.
The workshops are free for members and available to non-members for a nominal fee of £10.00 plus VAT (if applicable).
Upcoming Workshop & Dates:
- 20 January 2021 - How to Organise Material During COVID-19
Full information and to book tickets for this workshop is available on our Events Page
- 17 February 2021 - Using National & Regional UK Archives
- 17 March 2021 - Clearing For Third Party Rights
- 21 April 2021 - Technology: Future Applications and Platforms
- 19 May 2021 - Media Archiving and Research as a Career
Any non-member signing up for one or multiple workshops we will off-set your fee against FOCAL International Membership if application is received and approved by 31st March 2021.
Future workshops dates to be announced, to include
- Using Google & Youtube
- Working with the African Market
- Clearing American Material – Tips & Trick
- Restoration & Preservation - The Basics
- Idiots Guide to Copyright (Footage & Stills) – Part 1 & 2
- Acquiring Photos – Public Demand, Stock Images, Rights Managed
- Rights Clearance for Music Content
If you are interested in any of the above topics and would like to know more or suggest future workshops please contact [email protected].