License and access content from the vast and varied BFI National Archive - spanning the last 120+ years of moving image since the dawn of film - preserved and curated by our dedicated and skilled team.
Available for commercial projects, exhibitions and creative reuse, the BFI National Archive brings you:
- Ground-breaking documentary and innovation in moving image
- 20th Century social history
- Art and artists on film
- 25 hours of digitised Edwardian and Victorian actuality footage
- Newsreel from the silent era onwards
- Interviews with public figures
- The quirky and unusual
Collection highlights include:
- Mitchell and Kenyon
- Arts Council England
- Central Office of Information
- The General Post Office Film Unit
- Braden's 'Now and Then' Interviews
- Topical Budget Newsreels
…and much more. Get in touch for free research and licensing assistance.
We share the stories of yesterday,
search for the stories of today,
and shape the stories of tomorrow.