To be a clear and representative voice for the United Kingdom image licensing industry.
Who we represent
BAPLA represents image licensors.
Founded in 1975, BAPLA is the UK trade association for picture libraries and agencies, now incorporating a broad and diverse membership, including: sole traders; major stock, production and news agencies; SMEs; cultural heritage industries and technology companies.
A substantial percentage of images seen every day in print and digital media is supplied by BAPLA members.
What we do
- Represent members of all sizes and types
- Support best practice amongst members in their business dealings
- Encourage developments that assist members to connect with new and existing markets
- Inform picture buyers and the creative industry about our members' collections, products and services
- Provide members with relevant business information
- Engage with members and the creative community to share and extend industry knowledge
- Lobby at a national and international level to protect members' interests
- Promote strong, fair and effective copyright and IP rights
- Work with other organisations in the creative industry that share our objectives
We are committed to providing excellent services to our membership and to engage members in BAPLA's activities. To deliver this, we provide a programme of monthly events throughout the year, developed with members needs and interests in mind.