An introductory offer to newcomers/students who want to develop a career in the audio- visual industry. Available for the first year of membership only.
- Support new members into the audio-visual industry
- Ensure and highlight good business practice in the research, licensing, copyright clearance and use of footage, stills and audio in all forms of media production through education, workshops and information-sharing.
- Build activates to engage with and support the wider media industries and our community of members.
- Discounted or free booking on FOCAL Seminars & Workshops on industry related subjects and other social events
- Log into your account to gain access to see our job posting board
- Access to our FORUM which allows you to communicate with fellow members and pose comments/questions.
- Networking events with direct access to the Footage Research/Library Managers community to promote and explain the content and workings of your company
- Reduced rates at major trade events e.g. Sheffield Doc/Fest, RealScreen Summit, Sunnyside of the Docs
- Free registration for FootageFest conference, Los Angeles
- Regular industry news updates through FOCAL newsletters and social media platforms
- Update on copyright and legal issues affecting our industry through the advocacy work FOCAL undertakes on behalf of its members
- Discounted booking to attend FOCAL International Awards ceremony
- Participate on FOCAL International Awards Jury
- Join one of the FOCAL committees – such as the Training Committee, Events Working Group, Awards Working Group and Researchers Steering Group – to play a part in policy making and organising events
- Access to the other organisations with which FOCAL International has close links including Learning on Screen (formerly BUFVC - British Universities Film and Video Council), PACT (Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television), BAPLA (British Association of Picture Libraries), FIAT/IFTA, Film London, Creative Skillset, DMLA (Digital Media Licensing Authority), FIAF, FAUK, CCAAA and AMCUP
- Representation at leading trade events through FOCAL International
Annual FOCAL Membership Fees:
£25.00 (plus VAT if applicable) - please check with the FOCAL office before applying [email protected]
For more information read the conditions on the registration/membership agreement