Benefits of Membership
- Support our members and provide a platform to promote your business and interests
- Celebrate and champion the use of archival footage across all forms of creative media platforms.
- Ensure and highlight good business practice in the research, licensing, copyright clearance and use of footage, stills and audio in all forms of media production through education, workshops and information-sharing.
- Build activates to engage with and support the wider media industries and our community of members.
We represent members of all sizes and types from companies to individuals within the audiovisual community with amazing benefits.
- Company listing on FOCAL International website directory, viewed globally by industry professionals; highlighted in the directory as a new member giving you a key position for 3 months.
- Your own company/individual page on FOCAL International Website which allows you to add content such as your showreel, images, company/personal details.
- Announcement of your membership and company/personal information sent out to all members in one of our newsletters.
- Full access to the FOCAL International's website supplying resources and contributing to the new FORUM which allows you to communicate with fellow members and pose comments/questions.
- Footage & Content Finder – (Company Membership Only) we receive on average 5 requests per day which is forwarded by email to footage licensing company members only. This is an excellent way to receive new business enquiries and build up your network within the production community.
- Skills & Services Finder service – (Individual Membership Only) fast and easy way to find the Researchers, Archive Producers, Rights Clearance specialists, Consultants and Facilities that you need. Requests are sent to our individual members
- Access to legal advice service by Briffa Intellectual Property, London, UK, for up to a 30-minute call to gain information and guidance on IP, copyright and licensing issues
- Discounted or free booking on FOCAL Seminars & Workshops on industry related subjects and other social events
- Networking events with direct access to the Footage Research/Library Managers community to promote and explain the content and workings of your company
- Reduced rates at major trade events e.g. Sheffield Doc/Fest, RealScreen Summit, Sunnyside of the Docs
- Free registration for FootageFest conference, Los Angeles
- Regular industry news updates through FOCAL newsletters and social media platforms
- Update on copyright and legal issues affecting our industry through the advocacy work FOCAL undertakes on behalf of its members
- Opportunity to advertise or publish press releases and other editorial material on FOCAL International web site
- Sponsorship and Advertising opportunities to increase your companies’ brand at the FOCAL International Awards
- Discounted booking to attend FOCAL International Awards ceremony
- Participate on FOCAL International Awards Jury
- Members are eligible for nomination of Library and Employee of the Year at the FOCAL Awards
- Invitation to FOCAL International’s Annual General Meeting (AGM), each Company/Individual member has one voting share
- Members’ representative is entitled to be nominated for consideration for a place on the FOCAL International Executive Council (Board). Nominations are voted on by FOCAL members.
- Join one of the FOCAL committees – such as the Training Committee, Events Working Group, Awards Working Group and Researchers Steering Group – to play a part in policy making and organising events
- Access to the other organisations with which FOCAL International has close links including Learning on Screen (formerly BUFVC - British Universities Film and Video Council), PACT (Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television), BAPLA (British Association of Picture Libraries), FIAT/IFTA, Film London, Creative Skillset, DMLA (Digital Media Licensing Authority), FIAF, FAUK, CCAAA and AMCUP
- Representation at leading trade events through FOCAL International
Annual FOCAL Membership Fees:
- Company Membership - £650.00 (plus VAT if applicable)
- Individual Membership - £90.00 (plus VAT if applicable)
- Associate Membership - £25.00 (plus VAT if applicable)
Interested to find out more about our Associate Membership?
For more information on all membership offers read the conditions on the registration/membership agreement.
Join FOCAL International
FOCAL International annual membership is open to all sizes and types from companies to individuals professionals working in the audio-visual industry.
Membership fees are payable annually on the anniversary of the date you join.
The application is a simple online form, please click the arrow below.